Eastern Cape – Unexpectedly Exceptional
When Mother Nature shows her unexpected sides she reveals her treasured Eastern Cape.
Defined as one of South Africa’s most naturally diverse areas with 5 ecosystems that include valley bushveld, savannah grassland, fynbos, riverine forest and woodland, the Eastern Cape is filled with unexpected treasures that, once discovered, will rejuvenate the soul and inspire the spirit.
Offering a unique “One World” experience, the Eastern Cape will captivate you. Embrace you. Surprise you. And then offer you even more …………..
An 800km coastline of wide-open sandy beaches, secluded lagoons, sheer cliffs and rocky coves. Where treasured creatures of the sea gently frolic to welcome their new additions.
St. Francis Bay – the exceptional coastal paradise
At the gateway to the Garden route, seawards from the N2 lies St Francis Bay an exclusive and beautiful seaside resort. St Francis bay has an unspoilt style which began over 50 yrs ago by its founder Leighton Hulett.
Black & White are the colours of homes in the village or on the canals changing through Santareame into a Mediterranean style. Port St Francis at the end of Santareame offers access to the sea for pleasure craft as well as St Francis Bays’ giant chokka industry.
St. Francis Bay is renowned for its defined, uncluttered lifestyle where relaxation, true friendship and quality time is found in abundance.
This is a haven where the physical, the mental and the spiritual are well cared for – providing one with the sense of unexpected wellbeing that brings harmony, balance and refreshment of life to all. St. Francis Bay is fresh air, open spaces, gentle pathways, great golf, lots to do and a community of friends for all those fading sunsets……a truly healthy diet for those who are hungry for life.
St. Francis Bay, situated on one of South Africa’s finest stretches of coastline, offers a moderate all year round coastal climate experience – warm summers, mild winters, fair breezes and calm seas.
With a major airport within an easy 90 minute drive and an excellent road network, getting to the exceptional coastal paradise is simply effortless.
Things to Do
St. Francis Bay is ideally located to conveniently offer a wide variety of activity catering for young and old, the active and the not so sporty:
- Take a walk up the Sandriver! find the crystal pools in between the sand dunes.
- Walk the wild side at Cape St Francis
- Horse riding….. in Oyster Bay or Jbay… can help organise
- Ride a bike around St Francis
- Eat at delicious restaurants
- Walk to the beach!
- Play golf
- Play squash
- Play tennis or bowls
- Go shopping in the village
- Build sandcastles
- Fish in the Kromme River.
- Do the Two Harbours walk.
- Visit Cape St Francis by foot, by walking through the nature reserve (15 minutes)
- Attend a church service in the newly built ‘church house’ on a Sunday morning 8:30 am
- Take the children to the cove…(where the canals meet the river, sheltered and calm.)
- Surf at Seals or Bruce’s, or just down our road.. Anne Avenue
- Go to gym, THE POUND in Cape ST Francis
- Watch the sunset, or the sun rise….
- Listen to the sea from your balcony.
- Watch the owls at dusk
- Sleep comfortably after a full outdoor day in the fresh air!
St. Francis Bay is now officially recognised as the “Eastern Gateway” to the Garden Route golfing experience – thanks to a few visionary individuals like Jack Nicklaus, who successfully established the golf course of St. Francis links for an exceptional golfing experience.